Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Parsley Pesto






















Since I have been busy making a whole heap of crackers lately (see previous post) I thought I'd make myself a yummy dip to go with them. However, the only ingredient I seemed to have in a large supply was parsley, so voilĂ , parsley pesto was born. Funny thing is, I much prefer to use it as a pasta sauce. The manthing loves it on the crackers but I find it a bit too earthy. But mix it with some pasta and a bit of extra parmesan and wow I'm in heaven.

Ingredients:
  • 80g walnuts, toasted
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 50g parsley leaves, chopped (about 1 large bunch)
  • 200ml extra virgin olive oil
  • 50g parmesan cheese
  • juice of half a lemon
  • salt and pepper

Method:

Blend/process/crush the walnuts and garlic together until it resembles coarse grains.
Add the parsley and blend a little longer. I use an immersion stick blender thingy.
Keep the blender running and add the oil in a slow stream.
Once blended to a thick grainy paste, fold in the parmesan.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add more oil if you wish to thin it down.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Swiss girl living in NZ from a NZ girl living in...well, not Switzerland but 10 minutes across the border in Austria ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Sasa...close enough. Hello!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message!